Thursday, November 10, 2016

Cyberpunk Nerf Custom Mod for Attack of the Cyber Octopuses short film - "Maverick Plasma Gun"



Here the "making of" for another weapon of ATTACK OF THE CYBER OCTOPUSES film project.
Again it's a Nerf gun modded and painted. I wanted to keep the same style of the previous one 'cause they are both for the same team members. I like them minimalistic, not many colors, not many wires or LEDs (that, however, will be present in some of the next weapons). This one is actually for the leader of a cyberspace detectives team!


So let's start with some sanding and a bunch of tools!

Then I took apart the gun and masked the shooting mechanism.

And of course the first painting step is to cover the whole thing with gray primer (it's something I do a couple of times, this photo shows the first coat).

Then a couple of layers of matte black spray.

On the barrel too...

I then masked almost everything except some parts where I liked the blue metallic color.

Here's a coat of blue metallic (in this case just one layer was enough).

I sprayed blue also the barrel, then I dry painted everything with silver details, for a little "worn" and scratched effect. Here's how it looks like, compared to the previous gun.

And here the final fancy photos of the weapon!

If you like what you see, got inspired or simply wanna help the project, please consider buying me a virtual beer on PayPal.
Well, I hope you like it guys. Please consider to subscribe here or on the facebook page, instagram, twitter and remember to visit the cool retro website!



No comments:

Post a Comment